Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Working Day 2






Today was amazing. Thats about all there is to it.
I went out in the morning, not having a clue what to do. I put him into a corral and decided to try a join up. Stupid me, why would a wild mustang want to be my "herd"? After an hour and a half of him threatening me and nearly kicking, I herded him back to his living quarters. I went inside beyond frustrated. He hadn't even let me touch him.
Twenty minutes later I was back at it. I never give up. Obviously this mustang was not going to start a friendship with me, I had to initiate it. So I got him into a confined area, got a leadrope on, and held on for dear life. It went well, after three minutes of sheer terror, he realized the "snake" wasn't going to kill him and he was going to have to deal with it being attached to his head. By the end of the day, well the pictures obviously speak for themselves. These pictures were taken after just thirty minutes of working with the lead rope on. I decided to work him in just a dirt area near the big pasture. This mustang went from letting me pet his neck in a stall and nothing else, to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment